Orlando Restaurant Accident Attorneys
Orlando is a vibrant city with a thriving restaurant scene. According to the latest statistics from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, there are more than 6,000 restaurants in the Orlando metropolitan area. These restaurants employ thousands of workers, including chefs, cooks, servers, bartenders, bussers, dishwashers, and more.
Working in a restaurant can be a fast-paced and demanding job that requires employees to perform various tasks, including food preparation, cooking, serving, cleaning, and more. Unfortunately, restaurant workers are at a higher risk of sustaining on-the-job injuries compared to workers in other industries.
If you work at a restaurant and have been injured on the job, you may be entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits to help pay for medical expenses and lost wages. Florida’s Workers’ Compensation law gives you the right to receive these benefits no matter who caused your accident.
Although have the right to claim workers’ compensation benefits when you are injured at work, you may encounter problems when trying to get the compensation you need and deserve. If you have been hurt while at work, the experienced workers’ compensation lawyers of Van Dingenen Law can help. We are committed protecting workers’ rights and making sure you get the benefits you are entitled to.
Our experienced lawyers have been helping workers from Orlando and the rest of Central Florida get the compensation they need and deserve for more than 60 years combined. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for injured workers and their families and will put our knowledge, experience and skill to work fighting zealously for your rights. Call us at 407-967-5377 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case.
What Kind of Injuries Do Restaurant Workers Have?
Working in a restaurant can be hazardous, and restaurant workers can suffer a wide range of injuries while on the job. Some of the most common injuries that occur in restaurants include:
- Burns: Burns are one of the most common injuries among restaurant workers due to the high temperature of cooking equipment, hot liquids, and steam.
- Cuts and lacerations: Restaurant workers frequently use knives and other sharp objects in food preparation, which increases the risk of cuts and lacerations.
- Slips, trips, and falls: Wet or greasy floors, cluttered walkways, and uneven surfaces can cause restaurant workers to slip, trip, and fall, leading to injuries such as broken bones, sprains, and strains.
- Repetitive motion injuries: Restaurant workers who perform repetitive tasks, such as chopping vegetables or washing dishes, can develop repetitive motion injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Back injuries: Restaurant workers often lift heavy objects, such as pots and pans, crates of food, and kegs of beer, which can cause back injuries.
These on-the-job injuries can be caused by a number of cators, including:
- Lack of training: Restaurant workers may not receive proper training on how to use equipment safely or how to handle hazardous substances.
- Inadequate safety measures: Restaurants may not have adequate safety measures in place, such as non-slip mats, warning signs, or safety guards on equipment.
- Fatigue and stress: Restaurant workers often work long hours and may be under a lot of stress, which can lead to fatigue and increase the risk of injuries.
- Equipment failure: Equipment failure, such as a malfunctioning stove or oven, can cause accidents and injuries.
Whatever caused your injury, it is important to remember that you may have the right to workers’ compensation benefits if you were injured while at work. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney from Van Dingenen Law can help you understand your rights and guide you successfully through the claim process.
Call us at 407-967-5377 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started.
Getting Florida Workers’ Compensation Benefits for On-the-Job Restaurant Injuries
If you suffered an on-the-job injury while working in a restaurant in Florida, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation benefits can cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs associated with the injury. To get workers’ compensation benefits in Florida, you must:
- Report the injury to your employer as soon as possible.
- Seek medical attention and follow your doctor’s instructions.
- File a workers’ compensation claim with the Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation.
The workers’ compensation lawyers at Van Dinengen Law will be glad to answer your questions about Florida’s workers’ compensation law and your potential claim. Our advice and services are FREE until we recover the compensation you need and deserve.
How a Lawyer Can Help Injured Restaurant Workers Get Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Florida
If you have been injured on the job in a restaurant in Florida, you may want to hire an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer. A Van Dingenen lawyer can help you navigate the complex workers’ compensation system and ensure that you receive the benefits you are entitled to. Some of the ways we can help include:
- Explaining the workers’ compensation process – We can help you understand your rights and obligations under Florida workers’ compensation law.
- Filing a workers’ compensation claim – We can help you file a claim with the Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation and ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted.
- Representing you at hearings – If your claim is denied or disputed, we can represent you at hearings and ensure your case is presented effectively.
- Negotiating a settlement – We can negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf, which may include compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Appeal denied claims – If your claim is denied, we can help you appeal the decision and fight for your rights to receive the benefits they deserve.
- Advising you on your legal options – In some cases, injured workers may have legal options beyond workers’ compensation, such as filing a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent third party. We can advise injured workers on their legal options and help them pursue the best course of action for their situation.
The Van Dingenen lawyers are experienced and skilled in all aspects of workers’ compensation law. We’ve successfully handled hundreds of injured workers’ cases, and are committed to protecting your rights and giving you and your case the individual attention you deserve.
Get the Help You Need with Your Workers’ Compensation Claim after a Restaurant Injury
The Van Dingenen lawyers are dedicated to helping injured restaurant workers in Orlando and throughout Central Florida get the workers’ compensation benefits they are entitled to for their injuries. We will leverage our more than 60 years of experience to protect your rights and helping you obtain the full compensation you deserve.
We will advise you on your best course of action and be by your side to guide you throughout the entire workers’ compensation claim process. From gathering evidence for your workers’ compensation claim and filing the claim to negotiating with your employer or insurance company and representing you at hearings, we will provide the legal experience and support you need to help ensure you receive the full benefits to which you are entitled. Top of Form
If you have been injured while working in an Orlando area restaurant call us at 407-967-5377 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get the experienced legal help you need. Our expert legal advice and services are free until we win your case.