Orlando Landscaping Accident Attorneys
Landscaping can be a rewarding and enjoyable job, but it is not without its risks. Landscape workers in Florida are exposed to a range of hazards, from machinery and power tools to chemicals and extreme weather conditions. These risks can result in serious injuries that can impact the worker’s ability to earn a living, support their family, and maintain their quality of life.
If you are a landscape worker and have been injured while on the job, you should be able to get workers’ compensation benefits to help you pay for medical expenses and lost wages. Florida’s Workers’ Compensation law provides the right to these benefits no matter who was at fault for your accident.
Although you have a right to workers’ compensation benefits, you may encounter challenges in getting compensated fairly. The claim process can be very confusing and frustrating, and employers and their insurance companies can make navigating the process even more difficult.
If you have been hurt while at working at your landscaping job, the experienced Orlando workers’ compensation lawyers of Van Dingenen Law can help you through the claim process successfully. We are committed to protecting workers’ rights and making sure they get all the benefits to which they are entitled.
Our highly skilled attorneys have over 60 years of successful experience helping injured workers get the compensation they need and deserve and have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for injured workers and their families throughout Central Florida. We will put our knowledge, experience and skill to work fighting for the compensation you need and deserve. Call us at 407-967-5377 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case.
Florida Landscape Workers’ On-The-Job Injuries
The most common types of on-the-job injuries that occur among landscape workers in Florida include:
- Cuts, lacerations, and puncture wounds – caused by working with sharp tools such as lawn mowers, trimmers, and saws.
- Strains and sprains – caused by repetitive motions, heavy lifting, and awkward postures.
- Heat stroke and exhaustion – caused by working in hot and humid conditions without adequate hydration and rest breaks.
- Eye injuries – caused by flying debris, chemicals, and exposure to UV rays.
- Burns – caused by exposure to chemicals and hot surfaces.
- Fractures and broken bones – caused by falls from ladders and other elevated surfaces, or being struck by falling objects.
Many factors contribute to on-the-job injuries among landscape workers in Florida. Some of the most common causes include:
- Lack of training – Many landscape workers do not receive adequate training on how to safely operate machinery and use tools.
- Poor working conditions – Workers may be exposed to extreme heat, cold, rain, and other weather conditions that can increase the risk of injury.
- Lack of personal protective equipment (PPE) – Workers may not have access to or be required to wear PPE such as gloves, safety glasses, and hard hats.
- Long working hours – Workers may be required to work long hours without adequate rest breaks, increasing the risk of fatigue and injury.
- Lack of supervision – Workers may be left unsupervised, leading to unsafe working practices and an increased risk of injury.
No matter what caused your on-the-job injury, you should have the right to workers’ compensation benefits. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney from Van Dingenen Law can advise you on your best course of action and help you overcome any difficulties you might have in pursuing and obtaining the compensation you need and deserve.
How to Get Florida Workers’ Compensation Benefits for Your Landscaping Work Injuries
Under Florida law, most employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to provide benefits to employees who are injured on the job. Workers’ compensation benefits can help injured workers pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation services.
To receive workers’ compensation benefits in Florida, you must report your injury to your employer within 30 days of the accident or as soon as possible. You must also file a workers’ compensation claim with the Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation.
Once a claim has been filed, your employer’s insurance company will investigate the claim and determine if you are eligible for benefits. If the claim is approved, you will receive benefits based on the severity of your injury and your ability to work.
While this process seems straightforward, it often becomes complicated with delays or push back from employers or their insurance companies, denials of claims, hearings and appeals. Working with an experienced Van Dinegenen workers’ compensation lawyer can help you handle these challenges and navigate the process successfully. We will protect your rights and fight for the full compensation you deserve. Call us today at 407-967-5377 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case.
How a Lawyer Can Help Injured Landscape Workers Get Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Florida
While injured landscape workers in Florida are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, the claims process can be complex and overwhelming. A lawyer who specializes in workers’ compensation can help injured workers navigate the claims process and ensure they receive the benefits they are entitled to.
The Van Dingenen lawyers can help injured landscape workers by:
- Explaining the workers’ compensation process – We can help you understand your rights and obligations under Florida workers’ compensation law.
- Filing a workers’ compensation claim – We can help you file a claim with the Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation and ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted.
- Representing injured workers at hearings – If your claim is denied or disputed, we can represent you at hearings and ensure your case is presented effectively.
- Negotiating a settlement – We can negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf, which may include compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Appeal denied claims – If your claim is denied, we can help you appeal the decision and fight for your rights to receive the benefits they deserve.
- Protecting injured workers from retaliation – Unfortunately, some employers may retaliate against injured workers who file workers’ compensation claims. We can help protect you from retaliation, including wrongful termination or other adverse employment actions.
- Advising injured workers on their legal options – In some cases, injured workers may have legal options beyond workers’ compensation, such as filing a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent third party. We can advise injured workers on their legal options and help them pursue the best course of action for their situation.
Landscape workers in Florida face a range of on-the-job injury risks. While workers’ compensation benefits are available to injured workers, the claims process can be complicated, and a lawyer who specializes in workers’ compensation can help you navigate the process and receive the benefits you deserve. It is essential for you to understand your rights and obligations under Florida law and to seek legal representation when necessary to ensure you are protected and compensated for your injuries.
Get the Help You Need with Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
The workers’ compensation lawyers at Van Dingenen Law are committed to helping injured landscape workers in Orlando and throughout Central Florida get the compensation they deserve for their injuries. We will put our more than 60 years of experience to work fighting for your rights and helping you get all the benefits you are entitled to.
We will be by your side throughout the entire workers’ compensation claim process. From filing your workers’ compensation claim to negotiating with your employer or insurance company to representing you at hearings, we will provide the legal expertise and guidance you need to help ensure you receive the full benefits to which you are entitled. Top of Form
If you or a family member has been injured while working at a landscaping job, please call us at 407-967-5377 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page so we can help you. Our expert legal advice and services are free until we win your case.