Haines City Workers Compensation Lawyer

Haines City Workers Compensation Lawyer

Nearly 1,900 people file workers’ compensation claims every year in Polk County, and more than 60,000 people per year throughout Florida. Injuries caused by workplace accidents, along with work-related illnesses, are often serious and create the need for extended medical care and time off of work. Even when injuries are less severe, they may still cause physical pain, emotional distress, and financial difficulties for injured workers and their families.

Florida’s workers’ compensation system provides financial relief for workers injured on the job. Workers’ compensation benefits will cover your approved medical expenses and a percentage of your usual wages. Unfortunately, many workers who are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits have trouble navigating the system, have their benefits applications denied, or receive benefits that are lower than what they should be.

If you were injured at work in Haines City or anywhere else in Florida, or if you have a work-related illness, an experienced Haines City workers compensation lawyer from Van Dingenen Law can help you get all the benefits you are entitled to under Florida law. We have helped our clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars. Call us at 407-967-5377 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to find out more about how we can help.

What Do Workers’ Compensation Benefits Cover in Haines City, Florida?

Workers’ compensation benefits cover medical care and part of your lost wages.

Your medical providers have to be approved by your employer or your employer’s insurance company, and the care you receive has to be approved as medically necessary for treating your injuries. You won’t have to pay any bills for authorized treatments. Your provider will submit the bills directly to your employer’s insurance company.

A wide range of authorized medical treatments are covered. These include doctors’ visits, medical tests, prescription drugs, hospitalizations, physical therapy, prostheses, care from an attendant, and travel expenses for going to and from your medical appointments.

If your injuries prevent you from going to work, workers’ compensation will pay part of the wages that you are losing. This will usually be equal to two-thirds of your average weekly pay. You won’t have to pay income tax on these wage-replacement benefits. How long you continue to receive these benefits will depend on whether you are partially or totally disabled, what your doctor says about your condition, and other factors. The calculations can get complicated. If you have any questions, or you feel you are not getting the medical or wage-related benefits you are entitled to, call 407-967-5377 for help from a Van Dingenen Haines City workers compensation lawyer.

Is It Better to Get Workers’ Compensation Benefits or File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Haines City, Florida?

When you’re injured on the job, you have the right to receive workers’ compensation no matter who or what caused the accident. In other words, you don’t have to prove that your employer was at fault. To file a personal injury lawsuit, you do have to prove that someone’s negligence caused or contributed to the accident happening.

Because you don’t have to show fault in a workers’ compensation claim, it’s easier and faster to receive workers’ compensation benefits than to file a lawsuit seeking compensation. Also, Florida law prohibits you from suing your employer for on-the-job injuries.

However, you might receive a lot more money by filing a lawsuit. That’s because workers’ compensation benefits are limited to payment for your authorized medical treatments and a portion of your lost income. Compensation from a lawsuit could include your medical expenses, all your lost wages, and also “non-economic damages,” which may include your pain, mental and emotional distress, disabilities, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, and your family’s losses of your love, guidance, and support.

So, how do you file a personal injury lawsuit if you can’t sue your employer? The answer is that there has to be a third party whose negligence caused or contributed to the accident. For example, if you were injured when using a piece of equipment that was defective, you might be able to sue the manufacturer of the equipment. Another example is if you were in a car accident while you were driving as part of your job duties, and the other driver was negligent, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the driver.

If you have any questions about whether you should file for workers’ compensation benefits or pursue a personal injury lawsuit, a Haines City workers compensation lawyer from Van Dingenen Law would be glad to advise you on what would be best for your situation.

Do You Need a Lawyer to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Haines City, Florida?

You don’t have to hire a lawyer to file a workers’ compensation claim. However, you’ll have a better chance of getting your claim approved without delays if you work with an experienced Haines City workers compensation lawyer.

Even if you begin your claim on your own, if you run into problems, you don’t have to try to deal with them by yourself. You should consult a workers’ compensation lawyer if any of the following occur:

  • Your claim is denied, or the benefits you are granted are too low to cover your medical expenses and the appropriate portion of your lost income.
  • You want to file an appeal.
  • Your employer is disputing your claim or is retaliating against you for making the claim.
  • You are permanently disabled because of your injuries.
  • A third party was involved in the accident.

The Van Dingenen legal team has more than 60 years of combined experience with workers’ compensation law. Helping injured workers in Florida with their workers’ compensation cases is all that we do. If you were injured on the job, you deserve a Haines City workers compensation lawyer who knows Florida’s workers’ compensation system inside and out. Van Dingenen Law has a track record of recovering millions of dollars for our clients. Call us today at 407-967-5377 to schedule a free consultation.

    Practice Areas

    Slide 2

    Paralyzed Construction Worker
    A young construction worker was rendered a quadriplegic during an accident while working on a concrete seawall.

    Slide 3

    Paralyzed Security Guard
    The Van Dingenen team obtained a $7.5 Million dollar judgment on behalf of our client who was injured at their job as a security guard.

    Slide 4

    Paralyzed Truck Driver
    Our team negotiated a $3 Million dollar settlement on behalf of our client who became paralyzed due to a work injury.

    Slide 5

    Pipelayer Suffers Crushed Limb
    A pipelayer suffered a crushed limb during an accident while working on a cement pipe.

    Slide 6

    Mechanic Fall From Height Injury
    Mechanic suffers shattered ankle and back injuries after falling from an 8-foot-high structure

    Slide 1

    Paralyzed Bank Teller
    After a trial, the Van Dingenen team was able to obtain a $26.9 Million dollar jury verdict on behalf of our client who was injured at work.